[U-Boot-Users] Patch: Support for Motorola PQ2FADS-ZU board

Rick Bronson rick at efn.org
Thu Jul 24 21:48:55 CEST 2003

Hi Yuli,

  Thanks very much for the help.  I really appreciate it.

  I got it to work by bypassing the hub and using a straight thru
cross over cable to my PC.  I'm on my way to buy a switching hub ;-)
But I found that even to get this to work required two things:

1. The MII/RMII switch (JP2) MUST be in the MII mode.
2. The ethaddr doesn't seem to like xf:xx:xx:xx:xx

setenv ethaddr 12:aa:bb:cc:dd:ee  # works
setenv ethaddr 1f:aa:bb:cc:dd:ee  # doesn't work
setenv ethaddr ff:aa:bb:cc:dd:ee  # doesn't work
setenv ethaddr 0f:aa:bb:cc:dd:ee  # doesn't work

  Just thought I'd let you know.

  Thanks again for the help.

  Rick