[U-Boot-Users] FADS

Ing.Gianfranco Morandi gianfranco.morandi at euro-studio.it
Fri Jul 25 19:38:30 CEST 2003

Hi to all,

I'm currently porting the u-boot on the FADS860T board and I have started
the activity only few days ago.

I have used the FADS860t.h that comes with u-boot-0.3.0 by changing only the
clock related defines.
I have a problem during the early initialization of the console; when the
board starts from power up the first part of the message is corrupted as
follow:

áÙÁááiA¹¹Á¹Í¹Á.сÑå¹áÁÁ5!éé  4 kB I-Cache 4 kB D-Cache FEC present
         *** Warning: CPU Core has Silicon Bugs -- Check the Errata ***
Board: FADS with db MPC821, MPC860 / MPC860SAR / MPC860T rev ENG or PILOT

while if I reset the board without switch it off, the message is correct.

CPU:   XPC860xxZPnnB at 49.800 MHz: 4 kB I-Cache 4 kB D-Cache FEC present
         *** Warning: CPU Core has Silicon Bugs -- Check the Errata ***
Board: FADS with db MPC821, MPC860 / MPC860SAR / MPC860T rev ENG or PILOT

Does anybody have any idea if or where I missed some stuff ?

Any help would be appreciated

Gianfranco