[U-Boot-Users] FADS

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jul 25 21:26:46 CEST 2003

Dear Gianfranco,

in message <004601c352d3$904628c0$0700a8c0 at eurostudio.local> you wrote:

> I'm currently porting the u-boot on the FADS860T board and I have started
> the activity only few days ago.

What do you mean with "porting"? The port to the FADS860T  board  has
been performed many moths ago and is considered to be complete.

> I have used the FADS860t.h that comes with u-boot-0.3.0 by changing only

And why are you using an old code base for any new work?

> 5!éé  4 kB I-Cache 4 kB D-Cache FEC present
>          *** Warning: CPU Core has Silicon Bugs -- Check the Errata ***
> Board: FADS with db MPC821, MPC860 / MPC860SAR / MPC860T rev ENG or PILOT

Arghhh... is this really a rev. ENG or PILOT board?

> Does anybody have any idea if or where I missed some stuff ?

Probably your hardware is broken? I would not  waste  any  minute  of
work on a ENG or PILOT board.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Far back in the mists of ancient time, in the great and glorious days
of the former Galactic Empire, life was wild, rich  and  largely  tax
free.         - Douglas Adams, _The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy_