[U-Boot-Users] PATCH : Fixes and enhancements for NAND flash.

Woodruff, Richard r-woodruff2 at ti.com
Sun Jul 27 15:20:06 CEST 2003

Wolfgang,

I do like the spinning wheel.  Is there any standard way to add a progress
indicator into this or any code with significant delay?  Any of the users of
the code I've talked with like such a feature.  It seems that same bit of
code has been replicated in a few places. Surly having a library call and
some ifdef's would be acceptable.

As far a code formatting, I'll see if I can't fix it up.  I find myself
using several editors depending on the context of what I'm doing.  I've not
mastered any of them... When I do the diff -purN for the patch, I generally
don't notice differences except in the areas I have changed something.  What
code reformatter/filter do you use?  Some of the more recent u-boot releases
have had a lot of style changes to the point I would suspect you ran
something over the code.

Regards,

Richard W.

in message <FD2AC9A020DDD51194710008C7089B200BEE2218 at dlee17.itg.ti.com> you
wrote:

> The following path fixes a few bugs in cmd_nand.c :
>   - Fixed null dereference which could result in incorrect ECC values.
>   - Added support for devices with no Ready/Busy signal connected.
>   - Added OMAP1510 read/write protect handling.
>   - Fixed nand.h's ECCPOS. A conflict existed with POS5 and badblock for
> non-JFFS2.
>   - Switched default ECC to be JFFS2.

Added so far.

Will push to CVS soon.

>   - Added spinning wheel.

Skipped / rejected.

May I please ask you to adhere to the guidlines for coding style?

Please do not add trailing white space, especially  not  to  existing
code.
Please stick with 8 char indentation.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The man on tops walks a lonely street;  the  "chain"  of  command  is
often a noose.