[U-Boot-Users] Status LEDs status?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jun 9 12:07:40 CEST 2003

Hi,

in message <3EE452B3.8000603 at intracom.gr> you wrote:

> I face the following problem. In a new version of my
> board with a mpc850 the location of the status leds
> moved to an external register, instead of being on
> a CPU port.
>
> However the status LED code assumes that the LEDs
> are on a port.

That's because so far all boards where support for the status LED has
been enabled fall intot his group. Feel free to add your own version.

> As I scanned the other cpu directories I saw that
> the status led code is copied in each of them.

This is not correct. There is a "status_led.c" file only in  the  CPU
directories  for  5xx, 8xx and 82xx CPUs. These are pretty similar as
far as the status LED is affected.

> I dont want to special case the status_led code with
> my board, so I'm inclined to make a new status led
> interface in the common or drivers directory.

I think this should go to drivers/ .

> IMHO the duplication of the status led code and it's
> placement in the cpu directory is not very intuitive.

But the current implementation is CPU dependend.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Love sometimes expresses itself in sacrifice.
	-- Kirk, "Metamorphosis", stardate 3220.3