[U-Boot-Users] Re: PATCH MPC86xADS and MPC860FADS bug fixes

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 10 01:14:43 CEST 2003

In message <20030609225816.GA21925 at zumanetworks.com> you wrote:

> Ok. I've done this, but one unfortunate side effect is that things can't
> depend on MPC866_et_al in include/configs/[board].h ... the user will
> have to make sure things are correct for a given board. Opinions?

Well, this seems acceptable: the user should ALWAYS make sure  things
are correct for a given board.

> I'm getting close to another patch set, should be done by the end of the
> week (pending a few other unresolved issues, which I will summarize when
> im done).

Is there anything important in  this  patch  set?  I  mean  important
enough to wait with the next release?

> also, the MAMR/MBMR -> MxMR patch set I will be putting off indefinitely,
> the amount of work involved in changing all the include/configs is pretty
> daunting.

I have to admit that I'm not really surprised ;-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"One lawyer can steal more than a hundred men with guns."
- The Godfather