[U-Boot-Users] IDE Support

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 10 22:07:58 CEST 2003

Dear Mark,

in message <OF57E8DE52.D9E8BA36-ON85256D41.00665822-85256D41.006B0656 at sita.aero> you wrote:

> I'm attempting to add IDE support to a port of U-Boot to the Motorola
> PrPMC800.  I have an IDE controller ( CMD-648 based ) on the PCI bus, which
> U-Boot is able to detect and map into the PCI IO bus space.

Great.

> My  problem at the moment is the configuration of the preprocessor
> definitions, CFG_ATA_BASE_ADDR, CFG_ATA_DATA_OFFSET,
> CFG_ATA_REG_OFFSET when the IDE commands are enabled.  I don't know their
> exact purpose or what values to set them too.  I can guess they should in

Have a look at the ATA specification, especially  the  section  about
I/O register descriptions.

> The above is my current configuration settings.  What should these be? Is
> there others I'm missing?

Where does your controller show the I/O registers in this address space?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
I thought my people would grow tired of killing. But you were  right,
they  see it is easier than trading. And it has its pleasures. I feel
it myself. Like the hunt, but with richer rewards.
	-- Apella, "A Private Little War", stardate 4211.8