[U-Boot-Users] bootp/dhcp

Gupta, Kshitij kshitij at ti.com
Wed Jun 11 17:50:40 CEST 2003

hi,
	but the idea is to get a dynamic ip address, why do we need to
change the DHCP server settings to give a special DHCP response to our
machine.  I have seen this happening with the linux kernel.  The kernel also
requests for a ip address using DHCP and then uses that ip address.
Since an ideal way for a bootup is that I connect my device to the network,
get and dynamic ip address and download the kernel from a remote machine.

This might be paranoid but is it possible with u-boot currently...???
regards
-kshitij