[U-Boot-Users] Re: Virtex-II Pro and Instruction Prefetching

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jun 14 17:35:50 CEST 2003

In message <03Jun14.105725adt.7305 at dragon.appliedmicro.ns.ca> you wrote:

> > May I ask why you  use  PPCBoot  (a  dead  project)  instead  of  the
> > successor project U-Boot?
>
> Just haven't gotten around to it.  I promise I will soon (although I think

Do it now. Don't waste time on old stuff.

> there's a bug in cpu/ppc4xx/start.S I've pointed out previously that
> nobody has rendered an opinion on as of yet :-)

You mean the STD_EXCEPTION vs. CRIT_EXCEPTION ?

I am waiting for Stefan to pick this up :-)

But actually it should not matter at all: your code is never supposed
to run into such an exception.  If  it's  crashing  anyway  there  is
little difference if it's crashing "correctly" or not ;-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The following statement is not true.  The previous statement is true.