[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot 750FX CPU support

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 18 16:13:29 CEST 2003

Dear Tom,

in message <92E171C34A30D51193CA000103CE74F003790A0B at CAREX> you wrote:
> I'm adding support for the IBM 750FX processor and I have a question about
> how to add this support in the u-boot/cpu/74xx directory.  The files that
> would be affeted are

I guess you mean cpu/74xx_7xx/ ?

> start.S - to accommodate the additional 8 BATS (total 8 instruction, 8 data)
> 	routines effected: invalidate_bats(), setup_bats()
> speed.c - the 750FX needs a unique multiplier table (hid1_multipliers_x_10)
> 	routines effected: get_clocks()
>
> Should this be #ifdef CONFIG_750FX build rule?  If not, should there be some
> processor identification in the routines effected to take the correct
> action?  This would be unique to the 750FX right now but future CPUs may
> need this too.

I think it makes sense to add this using a CONFIG_750FX  #define;  if
it  turns  out that (many) other CPUs will need this, we may optimize
this later.

Happy hacking!

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The nice thing about  standards  is that there are  so many to choose
from.                                           - Andrew S. Tanenbaum