[U-Boot-Users] FADS and ICU862 Environment problems

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jun 21 02:21:36 CEST 2003

In message <20030620014530.GA21955 at zumanetworks.com> you wrote:
> The current FADS code does not seem to restore the environment properly,
> and i can't figure out what it SHOULD do.

It _should_ work, of course :-)

> Right now, relocate_code only relocates up to the end of text
> (_init_end), and since CFG_MONITOR_BASE + CONFIG_MONITOR_LEN is after
> CFG_ENV_ADDR, ENV_IS_EMBEDDED is set.

This  is  probably  a  result  of  our  attempt   to   get   rid   of
CONFIG_MONITOR_LEN  as  far  as  possible.  Now  it  is  ONLY used to
determine if the environment is embedded, or not.

> Since ENV_IS_EMBEDDED is set, env_reloca_spec in flash.c does NOT
> memcpy(env_addr,CFG_ENV_ADDR,CFG_ENV_SIZE).

Correcnt.

> There are several refereces to environment[] in start.S that are
> ifdefed out if CONFIG_FADS or CONFIG_ICU862, which don't look right.

Why not? I cannot speak for the FADS, of course. Won't touch no F***

> My fix is to remove those ifdefs, and make sure that ENV_IS_EMBEDDED
> is NOT set by reducing CFG_MONITOR_LEN to not include the environment.
>
> What is the correct behavior?

Setting CFG_MONITOR_LEN correctly is correct. But why removing  which
#ifdefs ?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
In the beginning, I was made. I didn't ask to be made. No one consul-
ted with me or considered my feelings  in  this  matter.  But  if  it
brought  some  passing fancy to some lowly humans as they haphazardly
pranced their way through life's mournful jungle, then so be it.
- Marvin the Paranoid Android