[U-Boot-Users] MPC860T POST

Vuong My-Hong My-Hong.Vuong at au.thalesgroup.com
Mon Jun 23 04:05:27 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I'm working with an MPC860T on a custom designed board, using
ppcboot-2.0.0.  I've only recently tried to turn on the POSTs that is
offered with ppcboot/uboot and have tried to
#define CONFIG_POST	(CFG_POST_RTC	| \
			CFG_POST_MEMORY    	| \
 			CFG_POST_CPU 		| \
			CFG_POST_CACHE		| \
			CFG_POST_UART		| \
			CFG_POST_ETHER		 \
			)

However, on compilation, I get the following:

{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:513: Error: Relocation cannot be done when using
-mrelocatable
{standard input}:519: Error: Relocation cannot be done when using
-mrelocatable
{standard input}:525: Error: Relocation cannot be done when using
-mrelocatable
make[1]: *** [post.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/vobs/wecc/ppcboot-2.0.0/post'
make: *** [subdirs] Error 1
myhong at nemo /vobs/wecc/ppcboot-2.0.0 $powerpc-linux-gcc -dumpversion
3.0.4

Any ideas?  should I be able to compile this with version 3.0.4?  If
so, how can I get this to work?

Thanks in advance,
My Hong Vuong

Acoustic Mine Imaging