[U-Boot-Users] FADS and ICU862 Environment problems

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jun 23 23:35:48 CEST 2003

In message <20030623212553.GA10209 at zumanetworks.com> you wrote:

> shouldn't the ifdef depend on ENV_IS_EMBEDDED? If that is set, even
> in the ICU862 case, nothing in environment.c gets compiled (ALL of
> the code is ifdef'ed out), and "environment" will be unresolved..

ENV_IS_EMBEDDED?  is  not  set  on  the  ICU862  board,   since   the
environment  is  located  after  the end of the U-Boot image, but not
embedded within it.

> > The #ifdef in "cpu/mpc8xx/start.S" makes sure that  clear_bss()  does
> > not attempt to clear any memory that belongs to the environment.
>
> but only if ENV_IS_EMBEDDED is NOT set... unless i'm missing something
> obvious?

I see no discrepancy - ENV_IS_EMBEDDED is NOT set for ICU862

> > Split it now, and submit any stable parts of it.
>
> Too much is tangled together, i will try, but it doesn't look good.

I know how that feels. Split splittable parts, then.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Calm down, it's *__only* ones and zeroes.