[U-Boot-Users] Global Data area

Robin Gilks robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
Mon Jun 30 06:36:48 CEST 2003

Greetings

I'm just getting porting U-boot to (yet another) board but I'm not sure
I understand how the Global Data area works.

When still running from Flash, the Init_sequence list of functions is
called and several of them write to the gd (clock rate & baudrate for
example) but I thought this structure was in Flash. Is it in fact in RAM
(i.e. the internal dual port RAM thats used during boot) in which case
where is it initialised (or is it done on the fly?)

I was expecting something built from the #defines in the board specific
config file but not found it so far!!

Just that I'm getting hung up in the first serial TX (display_info) and
I'm guessing that the clocks to the SMC block are not getting set up
correctly.

--
Robin Gilks
Senior Design Engineer              Phone: (+64)(3) 357 1569
PO Box 1645 Christchurch        Email : robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
New Zealand