[U-Boot-Users] SPI + SCC problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jun 30 12:27:52 CEST 2003

In message <002e01c33ef0$8627e320$3002a8c0 at yigitcan> you wrote:

> all of the drivers are for SPI,
> I'm compiling this code with the kernel, it works with SCC1 enabled and it
> does not work with SCC2, SCC3 or with disabled SCC ethernet.

"SCC1 enabled" means SCC1 configured for ethernet?

I bet a cse of beer that this is probalem caused by missing  /  wrong
uCode  patch.  Especially  to run SPI in combination with ethernet on
SCC2 you MUST use the I2C/SPI Microcode Patch.

Please note that there is a new version of this patch  on  Motorola's
web  page, which is known to fix a couple of (sometimes very strange)
problems. This new patch has not yer found a way into the kernel  (we
are  working  on  this,  but  it  is a bit complicated since you need
different patches depending on CPU type  [823/850/860];  it  will  be
available with the next version of the ELDK).

I suggest you fetch this current uCode patch and try using this.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
A failure will not appear until a unit has passed final inspection.