[U-Boot-Users] [RFD] move memsetup.S to CPU directory

Kyle Harris kharris at nexus-tech.net
Tue May 6 14:55:30 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 06 May 2003 08:35 am, Robert Schwebel wrote:

> On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 08:19:44AM -0400, Kyle Harris wrote:
> > There are other Xscale CPUs. Is the memsetup.S generic enough to
> > support them as well. I don't know the answer to this yet. I will be
> > porting u-boot to IXP420 in the next few weeks and will have a better
> > idea. Maybe someone else already knows.
>
> My impression is that at the moment everything that's labled "XScale" in
> u-boot is "PXA" in reality, so an audit has to be done anyway.
>
> Do you have information about how the memory controller of the IXP is
> different from the PXAs?

Actually, the mem controller is completely different. The IXP has separate
SDRAM and expansion buses. Most other parts of cpu/xscale will be different
as well (e.g., interrupt.c, serial.c). It may be that we need to have ixp and
pxa subdirs. We can leave xscale (really pxa) as is, move memsetup there, and
create a new ixp.

Kyle.