[U-Boot-Users] Changed to get CVS head to build sc520_cdp

Daniel Engström daniel at omicron.se
Fri May 23 08:20:27 CEST 2003

On 2003.05.23 02:50 Marc Singer wrote:
> Both 0.3.0 and the latest head revision refused to build until I made
> this patch.  Am I misunderstanding something?

No this problem exists due to changes in the core U-boot parts, not
yet reflected in the version of the 386 port which is in cvs and 0.3.0.
I am working with Wolfgang to merge a newer version of the 386 port.

> My method was simple.
>
>   > make sc520_cdp_config
>   > make
Yes, this is the way.

>  ########################################
>
> On another track, I suspect that there may be a typographically
> generated bug in cpu/i386/start16.S.  The code reads like this.
>
> 	/* Turn of cache (this might require a 486-class CPU) */
>         movl    %cr0, %eax
>         orl     $060000000,%eax
>         movl    %eax, %cr0
>         wbinvd
>
> I believe that the correct immediate value is $0x60000000.  The given
> octal value is 0x00c00000 hexadecimal.  According to the Intel
> documentation I have on hand, these bits are presently reserved in
> %cr0.

Yes, you are right, of cause. I expect that there are more of this kind
of silliness in the i386 port since I still find the my self occasionally.

Best Regards,
/Daniel