[U-Boot-Users] Loads function and flow control.

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Mon May 26 17:01:47 CEST 2003

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 04:46:05PM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> No there is none, and there is no need for one.

... as the kermit protocol ensures that packets with incorrect checksums
are resent.

> I don't think so. Even at high baud rates (like 115200 bps) there  is
> more than enough time to receive characters through the serial line -
> remember  that  U-Boot  is  strictly  single-tasking,  so the CPU has
> nothing better to do but to wait for characters.

Nevertheless there may be situations where for example cables make
problems, so using a mechanism which checks if the data is correct is
not the worst idea.

> Minicom is broken.

Where did I know from that you would answer this...? =8-)

Robert
   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4