[U-Boot-Users] Loading u-boot

Ed Okerson eokerson at texasconnect.net
Wed Nov 12 18:39:31 CET 2003

Thanks to some help from Thomas Lange, I think I am about ready to load
u-boot on my DbAu1500 (Zinfandel) board.  The problem I have now is, how
exactly does one do that?  The board currently has Yamon in the boot flash
at 0xbfc00000, and has secondary flash at 0xbec00000.  The s-records in
u-boot.srec indicate that it wants to load at 0xbfc00000, but that causes
yamon to overwrite itself and crashes.  I have tried changing TEXT_BASE to
0xbec00000, and the s-records then look correct but it still doesn't load.
I then tried changing TEXT_BASE to 0xa0100000 to get the s-records to load
to ram, which appeared to work, I then erased the secondary flash
and copied the ram to flash with:

YAMON> erase bec00000 100000
YAMON> copy a0100000 bec00000 100000

Then flipped the swap flash switch and hit reset, and the system did not
boot.  Can anyone enlighten me on how to do this?

Thanks
Ed Okerson