[U-Boot-Users] 855T FEC error

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 17 19:48:19 CET 2003

In message <16313.1494.55833.465590 at gargle.gargle.HOWL> you wrote:

> It looks like the old problem which appeared first in MPC8xxADS family
> port and was discussed on this list in June. It was mentioned again
> several days ago and the consensus was that it was solved long time ago
> but I had the same problem today on MPC866ADS (and I use the latest
> U-Boot sources.) Anyway, look at the CFG_MONITOR_LEN define in your
> board configuration file. If it includes the environment (i.e. you're
> using "embedded environment") this is most probably the problem. I

Yuli, please stop spreading FUD!

Your statement is bogus.

We use embedded flash  environments  on  nearly  all  of  our  boards
without any problems.

Of course you  have  to  get  the  configuration  right,  i.  e.  the
environment  address  as  defined in the board config file must match
the flash chip's sector layout, and your  linker  script  must  match
that, too.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
You see but you do not observe.
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, in "The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes"