[U-Boot-Users] u-boot and NIOS dk 1s10 board

Stephan Linz linz at mazet.de
Tue Nov 18 11:23:43 CET 2003

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 18. November 2003 10:17 schrieb Patrice Kadionik:
> Hi Stephan and Scott;
> I agree with you: with NIOS  all hardware and software are configurable...
> u-boot should at least support the stander32 design. in fact this design
> is complete because it uses all the hardware ressource of the altera's
> board...I think u-boot must be based on this design. But we should make
> easily configurable the base address of all peripherals according to a
> specific user design.

Yes, great idea. It is a corollary of my planed hardware overview.

> I think it's the main reason that there's no uClinux port for NIOS

Hm, I don't think so. There is a NIOS port, but it was (and is) broken in
current CVS tree. There is no passable way to rebuild for himself.

> because hardware is too configurable and to stuck to a particular

That's the second reason. It's really new for all known and conservative
software modells to work with configurable hardware (CPU inclusive). With
this knowlege in mind we have to make a more expansive configuration
infrastructure. New ideas are welcome ...

br,
Stephan

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Stephan Linz

Stephan Linz
Softwareentwicklung

MAZeT GmbH                   Email: mailto:linz at mazet.de
Göschwitzer Str. 32          Tel. : (3641) 2809-55
D-07745 Jena                 Fax  : (3641) 2809-12

Besuchen Sie bitte unsere Web-Seiten: http://www.MAZeT.de