[U-Boot-Users] booting U-Boot from dBug?

Tord Andersson Tord.Andersson at combitechsystems.com
Fri Nov 21 09:34:20 CET 2003

Hi,

As Wolfgang Denx has pointed out you can use the low boot option when
building.
Put the binary image on your tftp server and set up dBUG to download the
u-boot binary image through tftp with the dn command. Then use the dBug
fp command to burn the image to low boot flash
An example for a 16Mbyte MPC5200 Lite card:

fp FF000000 FF035250 20000

where "FF035250" will have to be adjusted for your image size.
"20000" is where the image ends up in RAM after tftp download.

I had problems using tftp at 100Mbps but these problems vanished when I
put a 10 Mbps hub between the 5200lite and the rest of the net,
forcing the ethernet to 10 Mbps, half duplex.

Kind regards,

Tord