[U-Boot-Users] u-boot on the BDAu1500

Ed Okerson eokerson at texasconnect.net
Mon Nov 24 16:31:54 CET 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> In message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0311231903000.23580-100000 at dallas.texasconnect.net> you wrote:
> >
> > to debug the problem, but it appears that the function cpu_init_f does not
> > exist for mips targets.  Are there any C functions before relocation for
> > mips targets?  Are there any instructions similar to those in the above
>
> Yes, of course there are. See the init_sequence[] table in "lib_mips/board.c".
>
> Why do you think you need cpu_init_f()?

I was simply following the directions.  The web page says:

<quote>
(gdb) target remote bdi:2001
Remote debugging using bdi:2001
0xfffffffc in ?? ()
(gdb) b cpu_init_f
Breakpoint 1 at 0xfffd3310: file cpu_init.c, line 136.
(gdb) c
Continuing.

Breakpoint 1, cpu_init_f () at cpu_init.c:136
136             asm volatile("  bl      0f"             ::: "lr");
(gdb) s
137             asm volatile("0:        mflr    3"              ::: "r3");
(gdb)
138             asm volatile("  addi    4, 0, 14"       ::: "r4");
(gdb)

cpu_init_f is the first C function called from the code in start.C.

</quote>

> > web page for mips target debugging?
>
> There is no difference for MIPS. The procedure is the same.

Except that the function that the web page says to set breakpoints on do
not exist for the mips platform.

Ed Okerson