[U-Boot-Users] Standalone application problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 25 21:55:58 CET 2003

Dear Richard,

in message <71555548814716479478431542AA5F8A058D58 at dlee2k04.ent.ti.com> you wrote:

> Would stand alone application called though the uboot call interface need to
> be GPL'ed? I'm not sure that I would use it that way, but the flexibility it
> would provide would be useful.

No, there is no need to put standalone application  under  GPL.  This
was one of the intentions when I created this feature.

Having said this, I nevertheless strongly encourage everybody to  put
all code under GPL (or a compatible open source license) anyway.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Men don't talk peace unless they're ready to back it up with war.
	-- Col. Green, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.4