[U-Boot-Users] how to start linux with u-boot?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 26 10:27:33 CET 2003

In message <BAY8-DAV7pVf8LrYZCy000037d6 at hotmail.com> you wrote:
> hi, I have successfully compiled u-boot-1.0.0 for my target board, and
> debbugged it by trace32.How can I debug u-boot to start linux? I do like
> this, I download u-boot to my target board and download linux at th same

Better use U-Boot to load the image...

> time on another SDRAM place. How to make right linux image? I have

Start reading the documentation (like the README or the DULG).

> successfully done those step, make config; make dep; make Image. How u-boot

"make Image" ??? You want "make uImage".

> start linux? where it call linux?

U-Boot uses the "bootm" command to boot an OS.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"I've finally learned what `upward compatible' means. It means we get
to keep all our old mistakes." - Dennie van Tassel