[U-Boot-Users] Little endian

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 26 21:52:38 CET 2003

Dear Ed,

in message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0311261130170.20886-100000 at dallas.texasconnect.net> you wrote:
> How much testing has been done on little-endian mode of u-boot?  Does
> everyone pretty much just use big-endian, or is there a mix?  I am working

Frankly, I don't  understand  your  question.  Both  endianesses  are
equally  well  supported  - PowerPC is by default bigendian, most ARM
systems are little-endian.

> there was special handling done in common/cmd_ide.c for input_swap_data(),
> but not for input_data().  It would seem to me that if one of them was
> in the wrong endian mode, the other other would be as well, or did I miss

IIRC this has been discussed before.

> output routines as well?  Does all of this only need to be done for the
> AU1X00 series processors?

Sorery, I never worked with such a processor yet, so I cannot comment here.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Swap read error.  You lose your mind.