[U-Boot-Users] Help request, MPC5200 Lite, Monitor

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 26 23:41:33 CET 2003

In message <3FC48198.17695.22A29D at localhost> you wrote:
> Hey, there.  I am working with the MPC5200 Lite, and thanks to the
> suggestions of using ELDK, I successufully (I think) compiled a boot image
> for the 5200 under RH9_i386.  I used the patch for lowboot (although, because

Yes, your boot log looks fine.

> patch on RH9 didn't seem to like the diff file regardless of "-p" levels, I
> had to apply it with VIm).  I move the jumper over, hit the reset button, and
> I get this on minicom:
> The countdown starts at 5, but it doesn't seem to be recognizing
> keystrokes before it plunges into the void of random memory.

Did you make sure to disable all handshake (software and hardware) in
minicom? Most probably minicom is waiting for  some  modem  handshake
lines which are not set by the MPC5200 serial driver.

Better, avoid minicom. See
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/SystemSetup#Section_4.1.

> make any difference to the serial terminal.  I'm also curious about it
> booting the image at 0x100000 (doesn't exist, obviously), but I expect I'll

This is just the default boot sequence.

> figure that out once I see how to set up initrd (or whatever ramdisk is
> needed).

Well, you can also read the output and follow the instructions:
Type "run flash_nfs" to mount root filesystem over NFS

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Respect is a rational process
	-- McCoy, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2822.3