[U-Boot-Users] u-boot as a "legacybios" extension rom?

Daniel Toussaint daniel at dmhome.net
Wed Oct 1 04:01:36 CEST 2003

Hi,

It seems U-boot has support for various flash types and jffs2, in
contrast to for example GRUB, u-boot would make a perfect bootloader for
embedded x86 modules ...and it does not necessarily have to replace the
bios.

Would it be do-able to build u-boot for x86 (without the bios emulation
stuff) and then append it to a legacy pc bios in the form of an option
rom ?
I haven't gotten  familiar with the code yet, (I've only build u-boot
once to use on an xscale platform) so I'd just like to hear some
opinions about this....

Thanks,