[U-Boot-Users] Ramdisk for MPC8xx

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 10 15:28:57 CEST 2003

Dear Raghu,

in message <20031010132205.90468.qmail at web40406.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> > Well, did you read the README ?
> Yes, I did but I am not very clear about the mem map.

There is some documentation around, including the HOWTO
(now at http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/PPCEmbedded/Introduction)
and mailing list archives.

> > AFAIK this code never made it into the public Linux
> > kernel tres.
>
> I think this is the same on on the www.kernel.org site

I mean: we added this to the DENX linux kernel  trees,  but  I  don't
expect to find it in the public trees.

> > This is why I recommended our SELF bassed ramdisk
> > image.
>
> I tried your suggeted ramdisk image and also set the
> initrd_high = ffffffff and IT WORKED !!!
> Thank you so much.

You're welcome.

> I have a dubious distinction of never getting the
> busybox built by me up and running :-)

See the SELF (either from the ELDK RPM or from our FTP server).

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"You shouldn't make my toaster angry." - Household security explained
in "Johnny Quest"