[U-Boot-Users] SCC Ethernet with PHY BCM522

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 13 16:43:51 CEST 2003

In message <20031013141705.50200.qmail at web40410.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I am able to do a SCC loopback, but the data is not
> going out from the PHY when I diable the loopback.

This usually means that your clock routing is wrong.

> How do I access the PHY from SCC "scc.c" driver ?? do

You don't.

> I have to do this anyway ?

No.

> The PHY is getting accessed from "MII" i.e I am able
> to do "mii read/write" The Dual BCM Phy registers are
> located at 0x10 and 0x11 offset. of PHY.

The SCC ethernet  interface  uses  the  standard  7  wire  interface.
Normally  you  don't  care about the PHY (as long as it's powered and
enabled and autonegotiating).

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Houston, Tranquillity Base here.  The Eagle has landed.
                                                    -- Neil Armstrong