[U-Boot-Users] Where does u-boot start when booting Linux?

Allen Curtis acurtis at onz.com
Tue Oct 14 16:17:16 CEST 2003

I was hoping that someone could give me a quick answer. When u-boot starts
Linux, does is start from the beginning for does it jump in somewhere past
decompress()?

I have been looking at the Linux code and it doesn't appear that the bdinfo
structure is being handled correctly for u-boot. There is an
CONFIG_EMBEDDEDBOOT option but even this only passes the boot parameter in
a few instances. Does u-boot fix this somehow?

Another thing is embed_config() for the ADS8260 board, forces the baud-rate
to 9600 but 2_4_devel is quite happy at 115200 as in u-boot. This is
interesting since I am trying to fix a serial baud-rate problem.

TIA!