[U-Boot-Users] walnut 405gp bridge setting

Xiaoshan Zuo xzuo at vinesystech.com
Wed Oct 15 01:49:59 CEST 2003

I have a customized walnut 405 gp board. While using u-boot the bridge
was not set correclty. The problem was that the bridge didn't respond to
requst. The problem was traced down to PCIC0_CMD[MA]=0 on the bridge.
The bit is set correclty in pci_405gp_init,
later it is got changed in pci_hose_scan_bus. It is not supposed to be
changed, as suggested by the comment below in the code. But this comment
contradict with function pci_hose_scan_bus which intentionly doesn't
skip the bridge.  Removing #ifndef in pci_hose_scan_bus makes the bridge
work. My question is: is this a typo?

Where can I search for u-boot mailing list archive? linuxppc is very
easy to serach useful information.  Sorry for the newbie question.

Thanks,

Xiaoshan

/*
 * drivers/pci.c skips every host bridge but the 405GP since it could
 * be set as an Adapter.
 *
 * I (Andrew May) don't know what we should do here, but I don't want
 * the auto setup of a PCI device disabling what is done pci_405gp_init
 * as has happened before.
 */

void pci_405gp_setup_bridge(struct pci_controller *hose, pci_dev_t dev,
                            struct pci_config_table *entry)
{
#ifdef DEBUG
        printf("405gp_setup_bridge\n");
#endif
}

In drivers/pci.c:

int pci_hose_scan_bus(struct pci_controller *hose, int bus)
{
#ifndef CONFIG_405GP /* don't skip host bridge on ppc405gp */
                /* Skip our host bridge */
                if ( dev == PCI_BDF(hose->first_busno,0,0) )
                        continue;
#endif