[U-Boot-Users] U-boot Memory Map

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Oct 15 08:52:08 CEST 2003

In message <20031015022817.19022.qmail at web40404.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I want to know where in RAM the u-boot maintains its
> code and data. The monitor code begins from the
> highest memory in RAM, then we have the malloc region,
> Stack, board info, global data etc etc. Are some of
> u-boot data maintained else where.

What exactly are you missing in section "Memory  Management"  of  the
README file?

> As mentioned in the README/Docs when we perform mem
> test board hangs on writes or read at certain regions.
> I get this at RAM address 0 aswell.

It is probably not a good idea to overwrite the exception vector code
while the system has interrupts enabled...

> A small write up on this will help all

It's all there. You just have to read it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
News is what a chap who doesn't care much  about  anything  wants  to
read. And it's only news until he's read it. After that it's dead.
                           - Evelyn Waugh _Scoop_ (1938) bk. 1, ch. 5