[U-Boot-Users] U-boot Memory Map

Raghu raghu_dk at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 15 04:28:17 CEST 2003

Oh Sorry,
For putting wrong words..!
>> I got few of them, Is there any
>> addition to this ?
>
> Sorry, I can't parse this. What exactly is your
> question?
>
> The memory map is something you define BEFORE
> starting  to  port  any
> software, not something that is magically hidden in
> U-Boot.

I want to know where in RAM the u-boot maintains its
code and data. The monitor code begins from the
highest memory in RAM, then we have the malloc region,
Stack, board info, global data etc etc. Are some of
u-boot data maintained else where.

As mentioned in the README/Docs when we perform mem
test board hangs on writes or read at certain regions.
I get this at RAM address 0 aswell.

A small write up on this will help all

Warm Regards
Raghu