[U-Boot-Users] MIPS support

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 16 12:24:55 CEST 2003

Dear Ronen,

in message <3F8E681E.50709 at il.marvell.com> you wrote:

> but when I loaded the u-boot-0.4.0 version , I read the README file and
> there it says:
> "* Target CPU Architecture (Provisions for Alpha, ARM, Intel x86,
>   IA64, MIPS, MIPS, PowerPC, IBM S390, SuperH, Sparc, Sparc 64 Bit;
>   Currently supported: PowerPC)."

Oops. Sorry. Fixed now. Thanks for pointing out.

> So I wanted to know if someone has a clue whether the README file isn't
> update or the web site,

I missed to edit this line in the README. U-Boot supports ARM,  Intel
x86, MIPS, NIOS, and PowerPC.

> and if someone tried to run it on a MIPS.
> (I saw under the lib cpu that there is a dir for the MIPS)

There are two existing ports to the MIPS architecture: INCA-IP  is  a
MIPS32 4Kc system, and Purple is a MIPS64 5Kc system.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Pray to God, but keep rowing to shore. - Russian Proverb