[U-Boot-Users] problems about flash setting

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Oct 18 22:36:07 CEST 2003

In message <3a57b3d292.3d2923a57b at rails.com.cn> you wrote:

> sorry ,but i really don't understand.

Did you try searching the archives?

> 1.What's the meaning of flash memory banks,is the number of flash
> chips? ie:if i have 2 chips of 29f040s on my board,then the
> CFG_MAX_FLASH_BANKS should be 2,right?

No. Maybe.

No - a bank of flash memory is what gets accesses using one  specific
chip select line.

Maybe - it depens how your flash is organised - 4 chips can  be  just
one bank of memory, for example if you use 4 chips of 8 bit to form a
32 bit wode bus.

> 2.What's the meaning of FLASH_BASE0_PRELIM  and FLASH_BASE1_PRELIM,

These are the base addresses for the first and the second flash  bank
as  used  by the preliminary mappings. See the README, section System
Initialization.

> Is the  FLASH_BASE0_PRELIM should be set to the flash_base_addr that
> defined by cs0? Then what about flash_base1_prelim?

See the README.

> 3.What's the difference between br/or_prelim  and br/or_remap and
>  their
> respective function ??Is the br/or_remap must be set  or optional
> depended on my board?

See the README.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The people of Gideon have always believed that life is  sacred.  That
the  love  of  life  is  the  greatest  gift  ... We are incapable of
destroying or interfering with the creation of that which we love  so
deeply -- life in every form from fetus to developed being.
	-- Hodin of Gideon, "The Mark of Gideon", stardate 5423.4