[U-Boot-Users] Problem with LAN91C113

Scott McNutt ScottM at Orbacom.com
Tue Oct 21 18:34:07 CEST 2003

Rick,

I had the exact same problem when using LAN91C111 on the Nios
DK-1C20 board (same status & incorrect length). You may need to
define CONFIG_SMC_USE_32_BIT. If your bus interface to the chip
is 32-bits, a full 32-bit read might be occuring when the data register
is read.

This throws away the second 16-bit word of the packet buffer (which
is the packet length) -- so you end up skipping every other set of
2-bytes after reading the incorrect length.

Regards,
--Scott