[U-Boot-Users] Re: U-Boot for AT91RM9200DK

Rick Bronson rick at efn.org
Fri Oct 24 16:30:49 CEST 2003

> Hi Rick,
>
> >>Should we put all the init code into cpu/at91rm9200/{start.S} and use CONFIG_
> >>and CFG_?
> >
> >   I'd put it all in start.S and not define any CONFIG for it.
> Hmm. But my boards has a completly different clocking scheme!
> For instance: I use an 16MHz external clock oszillator. The eval board has an
> 18,xxx MHz crystal...
> So we need at least some CFG_'s for clock configuration.
>
> Ok?

  No.

  I have completely different crystals than the AT91RM9200DK.  Do
you want me to put my clock settings in u-boot?  How about the 500
different AT91RM9200 boards that get designed this year?  Do you want
their specific stuff in u-boot?

  By necessity u-boot is already nearing #ifdef hell because it
supports so many devel boards (which is good).  If we all threw
our specific board design stuff in there, I don't think anyone in
their right mind would use u-boot.

  Just my opinion ;-)  Maybe Wolfgang disagrees.

  Rick