[U-Boot-Users] how to modify my ld scripts--the detail!

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 27 12:40:38 CET 2003

In message <20031027111633.64522.qmail at web41111.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

>         . = 0x00000000;
>         . = . + 0x10000; /*as a test,but it seem no
> efect to ppcboot.bin */

Except that it will probably break U-Boot.

>         . = ALIGN(4);

Well, in both cases (with or without the "+ 0x10000")  the  alognment
is  already much more strict than a 4 byte boundary, so this ALIGN is
not needed or even confusing.

>     It do not  work! I am crazy!

It probably does not work because of your modification above.

Also, I'd be very surprised if you managed to squeeze all  of  U-Boot
code, data _and_ _bss_ to be smaller than 76 kB.

Hm, I'm afraid I cannot help you. "It do not work" is not  exactly  a
precise problem description.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Imagination is more important than knowledge.      -- Albert Einstein