[U-Boot-Users] NIOS port at Stratix DevKit: distinctions betw een bdi and env

Scott McNutt ScottM at Orbacom.com
Mon Oct 27 15:42:29 CET 2003

Hi Stephan,

I'm glad to hear other Nios users are discovering u-boot :-)
U-Boot and Nios is a great combination!

> But now, I can't setup my network environment in expected way.
> The u-boot environment vars "ethaddr", "iptable", "netmask", and
> "serverip" are correct  in flash, but bdinfo shows me the default
> values (compiled in) -- Why ?

Looks like I screwed up the call sequence in lib_nios/board.c ... the
code is calling getenv("ethaddr") prior to env_init() -- must have been
a late night ;-)

The fields that depend on an initialized environment should be
initialized _after_ calling the routines in init_sequence ... which
includes env_init(). Try moving bi_ip_addr and bi_enetaddr
below the init_sequence loop.

I'm out-of-office so I can't work on a patch for a few days. If the
changes work, please submit a patch to Wolfgang -- or we can
work together off-line.

Regards,
--Scott