[U-Boot-Users] omap5910

Woodruff, Richard r-woodruff2 at ti.com
Thu Oct 30 20:55:21 CET 2003

The 5910 for all practically purposes is the 1510.  I have seen a doc
somewhere, not sure if I captured it or not.

Basically, the difference is the way the parts are tested and sorted.  The
1510 parts are speed rated, and you can get up to a 168MHx part.  The 5910
parts are not and its only guaranteed up to 150MHz, but its likely many will
run at 168.  The 1510 also "claims" support for some functionality which the
5910 will not admit to having.  The issue there is support and validation.
5910 parts will not be validated for everything a 1510 will be.

I use a mix of both types of chips on development boards.  I use their
u-boot images interchangeably....I have set my timings back to 150MHz as the
thing I've been working on will get parts stamped as 5910 not 1510.

Regards,

Richard W.