[U-Boot-Users] Firmwaer & Application update
rupeshs at myw.ltindia.com
Tue Sep 9 22:02:41 CEST 2003
I'm looking out for an elegant mechanism to perform an *application file
upgradation remotely* in my Linux based Embedded System having JFFS2/FLASH
storage filesystem. Note , I use u-boot in my system.
I intend to do the following.
My memory map would consist of the following
1) kernel image1(compressed)
2) kernel image2(compressed)
3) jffs2 application image1(compressed)
4) jffs2 application image2(compressed)
5) jffs2 data image1(un-compressed) [Will be written by the system
Running on *1* & either *3* or *4* , I would update *2* , *3* or *4*, after
which I indicate the completion in NVRAM flags.
I'll rely on my bootloader to read the NVRAM flag to decide to load which
kernel image & jffs2 application image.
Please comment on the above method.
More information about the U-Boot