[U-Boot-Users] Re: u-boot debugging boot with gdb and bdi2000 in lubbock(PXA255) board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 9 10:11:35 CEST 2003

Dear Andrea,

in message <3F5D81C3.4050604 at cocay.it> you wrote:

> I followed your advice, but they doesn't work for me:

Well, I can only speculate...

> [u-boot-0.4.6]$ arm-linux-gdb u-boot
> GNU gdb 5.1.1

Where did you get this version of a cross debugger from?

> (gdb) symbol-file
> Discard symbol table from `/home/sorio/Devel/UBoot/u-boot-0.4.6/u-boot'? (y or n) y
> No symbol file now.
> (gdb) add-symbol-file u-boot 0x0
> add symbol table from file "u-boot" at
>         .text_addr = 0x0
> (y or n) y
> Reading symbols from u-boot...done.
> (gdb) b start_armboot
> Breakpoint 1 at 0x80000cb4: file board.c, line 214.

It seems to me that your GDB is broken.

Some versions don't know how to deal with a 0x0 address because  they
confuse this with a NULL pointer.

> The breackpoint is set to "0x80000cb4", so the bdi never stop!

That's a bug in GDB.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The nice thing about  standards  is that there are  so many to choose
from.                                           - Andrew S. Tanenbaum