[U-Boot-Users] Intel Starta Flash driver for new board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Sep 10 10:04:28 CEST 2003

In message <007e01c377ba$bab28570$6706a8c0 at Rupesh> you wrote:

> I am in search of a driver for the Intel Strata Flash that I use on my board
> running u-boot-0.4.0.

I can't read your mind. Which sort of flash chip  is  there  on  your
board?

> In fact ,I could see in the u-boot sources, a lot many of Intel Flash
> drivers being used for different boards.
> please advice to choose one among them,

Decide which type of flash memory you are using, and how  you  attach
it  to the bus. Then search for existying boards using the same flash
chip. Among these, chose one that uses the same bus interface. If you
don't find one, use one that comes close to  your  configuration  and
modify it as needed.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
In C we had to code our own bugs, in C++ we can inherit them.