[U-Boot-Users] Uncompressing kernel ..... OK (Hangs here)

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Wed Sep 10 20:12:27 CEST 2003

Hi James,

> I have tried both settings of clocks_in_mhz and have made sure that I copied
> u-boot.h from uboot to ppcboot.h in Linux. I have made sure that IMAP_ADDR
> is correct but I still get the same thing, just hangs after uncompression. I
> am totally stumped.

Are you really sure, the board hangs?  Maybe the kernel runs but has
no console to output its messages.  Try appending "console=<whatever>"
to bootargs.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Once the  implementation is  up and running,  it is still a trick to keep it
running.  In a normal,  closed implementation,  this is not a problem;  in a