[U-Boot-Users] Uncompressing kernel ..... OK (Hangs here)

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Thu Sep 11 22:06:23 CEST 2003

Hi James,

> Loads of issues were pointed out there for me to solve (Thanks) but the main
> one was to do with my console baud rate after all. When I changed my
> terminal emulator to 9600 linux was there up and running all along. The
> problem was that U-boot was configured to run at 115200 and linux at 9600.
> The problem I have now is changing my u-boot baud rate to 9600 (which is
> what the powers that be have decided). I tried changing CONFIG_BAUDRATE to
> 9600 but it has no effect, it just stays at 115200. Any ideas?

I can't think of a proper reason why changing CONFIG_BAUDRATE and a
make (after make clean) shouldn't help, but you can surely do the
following (in u-boot):

setenv baudrate 9600
[adjust terminal emulator and press enter]
saveenv

Cheers
  Detlev

--
In the topologic hell the beer is packed in Klein's bottles.