[U-Boot-Users] Uncompressing kernel ..... OK (Hangs here)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 12 22:05:31 CEST 2003

In message <871xunhyyo.fsf at deepthought.outer.space.org> you wrote:

> > The problem I have now is changing my u-boot baud rate to 9600 (which is
> > what the powers that be have decided). I tried changing CONFIG_BAUDRATE to
> > 9600 but it has no effect, it just stays at 115200. Any ideas?
>
> I can't think of a proper reason why changing CONFIG_BAUDRATE and a
> make (after make clean) shouldn't help, but you can surely do the
> following (in u-boot):

Well, a possible reason is that the environment is not embedded  with
the  U-Boot  image  (i.  e.  stored in a separate flash sector, on in
EEPROM or NVRAM etc.), so installing a  new  U-Boot  image  will  not
automatically overwrite the environment.

> setenv baudrate 9600
> [adjust terminal emulator and press enter]
> saveenv

Right. This should always work.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
A committee is a life form with six or more legs and no brain.
                              -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough For Love"