[U-Boot-Users] Porting U-Boot to custom board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Sep 14 11:04:29 CEST 2003

Hello,

in message <Pine.GSO.4.58.0309140134310.8283 at buckeye.ece.drexel.edu> you wrote:

> I am new to this group. I am involved with porting U-boot to a custom
> board based on PowerPC 7455. Right now, we are at the point where we have
> just got our bus slave working so U-boot is our next logical step. And
> ultimately, Linux kernel.

Welcome aboard.

> Looking at the README and the source code it seems like with the
> support of this group, we shall be able to do it.

Sure. It has been done before :)

> One note, just browsing through include/asm-ppc/processor.h ... it seems
> like the SPR numbers for [DI]BAT4[UL]-[DI]BAT7[UL] have been interchanged
> i.e upper register gets the SPR number of the lower register and
> vice-versa. Just thought to bring this to notice.

Thanks for pointing this out. Fixed in my local tree now, will push to
CVS later.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
ATTENTION: Despite Any Other Listing of Product Contents Found  Here-
on, the Consumer is Advised That, in Actuality, This Product Consists
Of 99.9999999999% Empty Space.