[U-Boot-Users] Porting U-Boot to custom board

sharad at buckeye.ece.drexel.edu sharad at buckeye.ece.drexel.edu
Sun Sep 14 07:52:19 CEST 2003

Hi,

I am new to this group. I am involved with porting U-boot to a custom
board based on PowerPC 7455. Right now, we are at the point where we have
just got our bus slave working so U-boot is our next logical step. And
ultimately, Linux kernel.

Looking at the README and the source code it seems like with the
support of this group, we shall be able to do it.

One note, just browsing through include/asm-ppc/processor.h ... it seems
like the SPR numbers for [DI]BAT4[UL]-[DI]BAT7[UL] have been interchanged
i.e upper register gets the SPR number of the lower register and
vice-versa. Just thought to bring this to notice.

Looking forward to your support,
Sharad Gupta