[U-Boot-Users] data abort

Glenson Muthedan glenson at gmx.de
Tue Sep 16 20:43:34 CEST 2003

Hello!

Thank you guys for your kind help. My SDRAM initialization was not
correct. Now, having done some changes, everything seems to work
smoothly except one line in devices_init() in the file common/devices.c

The execution stops at the line
gd->flags |= GD_FLG_DEVINIT;	/* device initialization done */

Then, sometimes a "prefetch abort" occurs, sometimes it just hangs.

When I comment this line, U-Boot runs up to the bootloader-prompt
without any problem. So I hope, the line above is not a crucial one if I
only have to do with the serial console. But I'm interested to know what
you think about this temporary solution; am I running into problems later?

Regards.
Glenson.